Wednesday, March 25, 2009

36 week update

I had my 36 week doctor appointment and ultrasound today. The baby is estimated to be 6lb 2oz. That is about the 50th percentile. I was also surprised to be dialated to 3 already! I can tell the time is getting closer but it may be closer than I thought. My doctor is still planning on inducing me at 39 weeks if I make it that far which would be close to April 16th. She did say I could go at any time and I could see her in the hospital tonight. She also said that keeping him in for another week would be better - I would be at 37 weeks which is considered full term. So...I am not expecting to go really soon but in the next few weeks would be great. I was not planning on packing anything for the hospital until April but I might at least make sure I have a list of stuff to grab in case it happens soon. It was nice to see the baby moving so much in the ultrasound and that fluid levels and the umbilical cord looked good as well.

6 comments:

Anna said...

What?! I was never able to get to three without some drug to help me along. Your little guy is the size Calla was when she was born. Congratulations on 36 wonderful weeks and I'll keep praying for (at least one) more.

Dan and Gretchen said...

Holy Smokes...sounds like your time is coming soon!!! YAY! We are so excited for you guys, and will be praying for a safe labor and a very healthy baby boy. Wil and Drew are looking forward to meeting their new playmate :)

Tara M. said...

Hi Carrie, wow 3 already! So glad you've made it to 36 weeks!
"K" who we have been praying for is now 32 weeks and going strong. Her cervix is still closed!

Can't wait to see baby boy Kuipers!

Becky said...

COME ON April 16th....COME ON APRIL 16th!

Amy Q said...

WOW! maybe we'll have to come to MI next weekend!!!! Boy oh BOY!!! Great talking to you the other night!! Mags is SO excited to come help out with the girls!
take it easy!
Love the Q fa

Ceci LaBarge said...

I looked at boy stuff yesterday at Tip Toes. It was kind of weird, but fun at the same time!