Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh, It's an Elephant!

I had my 20 week ultrasound today - everything went well. The baby appears normal and healthy. I was happy to find out that the placenta was not close to the cervix which it was with both of the boys. That could be a possibility of how the infection got in. I was also checked again for a bladder infection - I am going to be checked every couple of appointments just to make sure there is no infection left from before. And, the baby is still a boy - we are happy about that ! (Although I would be just as happy if it were a girl). The nurse who did my prep work before I saw my doctor said, "oh, your first boy, that is nice". James looked at me and rolled his eyes...

I brought the ultrasound pictures home and showed the girls. Raleigh was excited and Sydney saw one of them and pointed to it and said, Oh, it's an elephant!! (She wishes). In her defense, the picture looked nothing like a baby.

And for another animal story...this morning the girls were playing "Cheetah and Horse" Raleigh was the cheetah and she made Sydney be the horse. Raleigh knows that cheetahs are enemies of horses. They were growling at each other and playing around and then all of the sudden, the horse (Sydney) had the helpless cheetah (Raleigh) in a headlock on the floor. Hmmm...picture that in the wild. It reminded me of Missy and Becky. I wish I had a picture...

3 comments:

Anna said...

You have to love the comments kids make. Calla looked at our ultrasound picture and asked if we knew if our baby was going to black or white? Glad all is well.

Amy Q said...

Hugs to all the cheetahs, horses and elephants over there!
Glad to hear things look good!
miss you
The Q fam

Becky said...

I cannot stop laughing! Does Sydney get "the look" before she puts her sister in a headlock? Poor Raleigh.
An elephant, huh? That'd be one interesting delivery...