Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Little James

I was walking around the house last week holding Sydney trying to get her to fall asleep. I needed her to have at least part of a nap because we had to go somewhere that evening and she was just playing in her bed. Anyway, as I was walking with her I looked down and her blanket was covering 2/3 of her mouth and I was amazed at what I saw...the remaining 1/3 of her lips looked just like baby James' mouth. The part that I was seeing was just the edge of her lips, not the fullest part. I kept looking at her over and over because it was another reminder of what baby James would have looked like. I have seen him in her before - more so when she was younger. It makes me wonder what baby James and Hudson would have looked like when they were older. I really did not see many similarities between Hudson and the other kids but I think that was because he was a few weeks younger. I am always glad for moments like those - I wish they would come more often!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm glad that you get to have moments like those. I didn't realize that Sydney had moments where she looked like her brother. I wish we could've gotten to meet him and have seen his features and personality come out.
I'll have to add it to my favorites link. It was good to see you guys this weekend, thanks for coming out to mom and dad's again. I was glad that Raleigh got to hold Melodie, and Sydney seemed like she was having a good time "playing" with her. I can't wait to see those two be big sisters again. I'm sorry that your last appt wasn't what anyone had expected. Argg. I hope that soon things take an upturn.