Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Plan - for now...

I got a call from our infertility doctor today - he was just checking in with us. I told him about our appointment with the high-risk doctor and he seemed surprised. He said they had talked this week about our situation and he seems more on-board now. The infertility doctor told me to stop the antibiotic that I am on for now. I have another prescription from him that I am going to have filled and keep on hand. If I start to notice any change that would indicate an infection, I need to go back on both antibiotics right away. It seems like a good plan to me so that the bacteria does not get resistant to the antibiotic. I feel a lot better about it than before. I am still planning on seeing my regular OB in a few weeks and I will make her come up with a plan in my file for what to do if the symptoms start back up. The infertility doctor wants the high risk doctor to monitor us pretty closely which, I guess, is good - as long as he takes it seriously. We'll see how the next few weeks go - hopefully they will be uneventful.

3 comments:

Dan and Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan and Gretchen said...

Interesting, hopefully the High Risk doctor will come to the realization he is working with very sensitive situations.
We're praying your plan will be put in place to never ever have to be used.
Keep your chin up, and we'll keep praying!

Erin said...

35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35-36)