Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good Appointment Today

I had a doctor appointment with my regular OB this morning - besides waiting in the waiting room for over 1.5 hours the appointment went well. I had an ultrasound first and the baby looks great (same as the other kids - very active with a hand by the face). My OB agreed with the course of action for the antibiotics and agreed that the Zithromax Z-Pack that I took for the last 2 pregnancies would not have taken care of the specific bacteria that was found in my blood after the boys were born. She told me to take one of the other antibiotics for a week on and then a week off. I asked her about me being cold all of the time and she said I could be anemic or something so I had bloodwork done for that. Also, she said that if the symptoms start again like they did with the boys to call her right away and she would get me in with a different high-risk doctor. This other doctor is in the same building but a different practice. Hopefully I won't ever even need to talk to her. I got basic bloodwork done as well and I was chatting with the blood lady and since we were talking she filled up one vial of blood and then took the needle out. She had to start all over to fill up the rest of the tubes from my other arm. Those pokes along with the flu shot, I look like a druggie. I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound and appointment - hopefully everything is uneventful until then.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thanks for the update, I am so glad it well. We'll keep praying for a healthy baby and momma!
~Anna