Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh Sydney...

The other night Sydney was supposed to be in her room doing "reading time" before bed and I heard her say, "MOMMY, MOMMY - I NEED SOME MORE NEMO CHAPSTICK!!" So, I went in her room and said, why do you need more chapstick? She holds up an empty tube and says, "Mine's all gone"
-"Why is yours all gone?"
-"'Cause I put it on my aminals"
-"Why did you put it on your animals?"
-"'Cause they like it."
-"Sydney, we DON'T put chapstick on animals, we put it on little girls. "(James laughing from the living room)
-"Why?"
-"Because animals don't need it."
-'Yes they do."
-"No they don't"
-"Yes they do Mommy"
-"Can you show me where it all is?"
-"Look - on their mouths"
-"Sydney, you did do a good job just getting it on their mouths but don't put chapstick on animals again..."
-"Okay mommy, can I have more Nemo chapstick?"
-"NO - go to sleep!"

You cannot see it really well but the chapstick was around all of the mouths of ALL of her animals.

And just because Syd has really been fun lately I'm putting a picture of her in her dancing outfit - this is becoming a daily routine

3 comments:

Amy Q said...

SO CUTE! at least she is thinking of others!?! That is a great lesson -- now if she carries it over to REAL people you'll be GREAT! :) Hugs to her and Raleigh from the Q's

Dan and Gretchen said...

Your kids have the greatest imaginations...I LOVE it!!!! She's too darn cute.

Becky said...

That's fantastic! I LOVE the chapstick! I could use some chapstick right about now.