Friday, January 22, 2010

Ski Day!

I took Raleigh skiing today - I was not sure how it was going to go. I have not skiied in 11-12 years and I have never taught anyone before. Raleigh was a little afraid at first. She usually is like that with something new. We went up the small hill with the tow rope a couple of times and then decided that hill was too small so we took the chairlift to a bigger hill for the rest of the time.
Raleigh did GREAT! She told me she loved the time on the chairlift because "it is fun time talking to mom." I was so glad I got rid of my old skiis that were really long - so much easier to teach someone with short skiis on. Raleigh fell a number of times but was always glad when she made it down the hill without falling. I think she was surprised when I fell too! (In my defense, our skiis crossed and we both went down - oh, the other time was when the 12 year old snowboarder flew into me - I did not even see him coming - he was so appologetic, which I was impressed by for his age!)

Raleigh was cute - I looked like a total dork. My purple and teal gloves are from high school and this was the only hat I could find that covered my ears. At least I found a new pair of snowpants on the clearance rack so I did not have to wear bright teal ones and look like a Christmas tree.
And...Sydney want to go now...I mean NOW, like today, like jump in the car and go. I told her maybe next week - I have to wait until Raleigh is in school - not sure about taking 2 new skiiers by myself yet. Raleigh needs to get a little better!


No comments: