Friday, August 14, 2009

I guess this is just Sydney...

Today the kiddos and I were running around getting few things done and in the car Sydney says..."Mommy, I gotta frow up" - hands over her mouth
"do you have your bucket?" (we keep one in the car for such occasions for our carsick girl)
"no, I cannot reach it"
"well, we are here, I think you will be all right"
We get out of the car into the parking lot...
"are you going to be all right?"
"I don't know - my belly feels funny - I want the round orange medicine" (Dramimine)
"You don't need the orange medicine - we are in the car 10 minutes"
Since Sydney throws up in the car all of the time I was not worried because she has never thrown up outside of the car. So we walk into the store - the one where I get my sewing machine fixed... In the store, nobody is around - nobody wants to help me. I go to the side room to show the lady that I was there - she sees me and ignores me so I go back and wait.
"Mommy - I gotta frow-up"
"Here, if you throw up - do it in this trash can" (a small trashcan with a plastic bag in it)
Head in the trashcan...
"BBBLLLLUUUPPPPP - BBBLLLLUUUPPPPP"
"Ohhh - I feel better now - can I go play??" (Now, full of smiles and back to normal, my 3 year old is back to her self).
I am standing there with a trashcan full of vomit - what am I going to do? I see an open door in the back of the store - out I walk - dump the vomit into the bushes - return into the store - still nobody cares that I am there - nobody noticed - put the trashcan back...waited a few more minutes for the saleslady...Sydney is playing - everything is Great!

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND this car sick stuff. Short trips, long trips, not every time, always enough warning to make it into the bucket...I don't get it!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hmm, roller coasters are fine, but 10 minute car rides make her sick. Who would guess that?!