Monday, July 20, 2009

Trip to Tennessee

We took a family trip to Tennessee to visit my brother and his family. They live on the side of a mountain so were not sure what to expect. We had a great time. Sydney lost her cookies twice on the way there - luckily for us we are used to her random motion sickness and drove prepared with a yack bucket. She really does do a great job of getting everything into the bucket with smiles after. I did stop and get some Dramimine - we were not sure how she would react to it but it seemed to work. She did not get sleepy or hyper either so that was good. THe girls were great travelers (Greyson was too). I could not have asked the kids to behave better. It made the trip really nice. Grey's ears bothered him I think going up and down the mountain. He would get a little fussy while we were going up and down but then was fine after. The girls swam a lot at Ben's house and had a great time with their Tennessee cousins.
Butterfly garden at the aquarium


We let the kids play in this river thing by the aquarium - it was really cool. Some parts were up to their knees and some was shallower. The kids all took off their shoes and had a good time. Sydney was a little wet after (big surprise).


The girls are always up for a good aquarium- they like the gift shops which we amazingly left empty-handed. A family can only have so many pink stuffed dolphins. THe aquarium was fun.


Ben and Janet took us on a tour of the mountain - we played at a great playground with the biggest slide I have seen. We got in a few games of Euchre which I think I lost every time, and got to see a lot of Tennessee - which was great since I don't remember going there when I was younger. We will have to go back since it was so fun. Maybe next summer!




No comments: